The Book Of Marriage From The Explanation Of Bulugh Al -Maraam ( Part One)
- Usually Ship in 24-48 Hours excluding weekends
- Calculated at Checkout
- Mustafa Lamei ʿAbdul Hakim al-Misri
- Paper back
- 5.8 x 8.9 X 0.9
- Publication Year:
From the book:
Abu Hurairah (May Allāh be pleased with him) reported, the Prophet (May Allāh raise his rank and grant him peace) said,
“A woman is married for four reasons: for her wealth, for her class, for her beauty or for her piety. Select the pious, may your hand be rubbed in the dust!”
In this Ḥadīth, this is a reference that men’s most desirable marriage purposes revolve around these four: wealth, class, beauty and piety.
There are some benefits in this Ḥadīth:
- There is no problem if anyone marries a woman for her wealth because the Prophet (May Allāh raise his rank and grant him peace) approved this but he urged to marry the religious woman.
- There is no problem if the man marries a woman for her class to upgrade himself and his children.
- The woman can be married for her beauty. So, there is no problem if she is married for her beauty. Maybe the man likes beauty and cannot stand looking at a woman who is not as men are so different in this respect.
- A woman may be married for her piety even if this is the only purpose.
- The best one of these purposes is to marry a woman for her piety as he (May Allāh raise his rank and grant him peace) said,
“Select the pious, may your hand be rubbed in the dust.”
- Everyone should follow the Prophet’s advice. However, nowadays, most people marry a woman for her beauty and others for her wealth and class. Are these the only purposes? No, the proof is in the above-mentioned Ḥadīth,
“Marry the one who is fertile and loving.”